Thursday, February 10, 2011

No Secrets

I didn’t inherit Hazel's brevity. I often fall asleep at the computer typing. I want to explain more. But tonight I closed my eyes and laid my head in front of the keyboard thinking only: I did it. I told.

Hank comes from behind, hugs me, holds me, rubs my back. I must have dozed off. He sits in front of me at the chair he bought me so I’d have a seat at his side. I slump over and put my head in his lap. My face is a wreck from all the emotions I’ve been through today. He traces tracks on my back with his fingers. He tells me we're in this together. I look up at his face through my tear spotted glasses and smile. He really means it. He takes my hand and leads me to our bedroom where I give him my naked body. When I’m with him I have no secrets.

No comments: